Marija Bistrica, The Shrine of Our Lady of Trsat, Međugorje
Join us on a trip that is not only a rest for a body but also a rest for the soul. It is a combination of visits to towns, holy mass attendance, free time for your private interests and, above all, seven days of dedication to yourselves.
1. Day - Meeting of the participants in Zagreb. Dinner and overnight accommodation.
2. Day - Breakfast. Departure for Marija Bistrica, the largest Marian shrine in Croatia, situated in a valley of the Hrvatsko Zagorje region close to Zagreb. Pilgrimages to Marija Bistrica date back to 1684. Every year a million believers assemble here. Mass attendance. Free time. The many pilgrims, delicious local dishes and drinks, and the beautiful landscape guarantee pleasant memories of the visit to Marija Bistrica. Return to hotel. Dinner and overnight accommodation.
3. Day - Breakfast. Departure for Opatija. Guided sightseeing. Free time for coffee on one of the many terraces. Continuation of the trip to Rijeka, sightseeing. Mass attendance at 06.30 p.m. Accommodation in the hotel, dinner and overnight.
4. Day - Breakfast. Departure for Međugorje. En route sightseeing in Split. Free time for lunch and souvenirs, and private interests. Accommodation in the hotel, dinner and overnight.
5. Day - Breakfast. We shall start the day by visiting the Herzegovinian Catholic parish in which according to the testimonies of six children apparitions of Our Lady took place since 24 June 1981. We shall proceed to the Statue of the Queen of Peace in front of the Church of St. James, and climb to the top of Podbrdo, the site of the apparition. Accommodation in a boarding house. Dinner and overnight accommodation.
6. Day - Breakfast. Departure for Zagreb. Panoramic sightseeing, and attendance of the holy mass in the Zagreb Cathedral. The neo-Gothic cathedral is the largest Croatian sacral building and one of the most valuable monuments of Croatia’s cultural heritage. Accommodation in the hotel, dinner and overnight.
7. Day - Breakfast. After lunch taking leave of new friends and return home with many nice impressions