- 5. 2. 2024.
Privacy statement ISTRA LINE VILLAS d.o.o.
1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
ISTRA LINE VILLAS d.o.o. (hereafter referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ ), is a controller and responsible for the personal information we hold about you.
This is our privacy notice and it explains how we use your personal data in line with applicable privacy and data protection laws. We keep our privacy notice under review and will place any updates on our website.
This privacy notice only applies to us, so if you link to other websites you should read their own privacy notices.
2. What information do we collect?
Bookings and booking queries
If you make or request a booking, we will collect details such as your name, contact details, payment details, booking details and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements. You may also provide this information about people travelling with you. We will collect this information directly from you, those travelling in your party or a third party you have booked through.
Lettings and letting queries
If you let your holiday accommodation with us or make queries about our letting service, we will collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let. We will collect this information directly from you or someone who has referred you to us.
The provision of the information in the above two paragraphs is a contractual requirement to make a booking or let your property and if you do not provide us with it, then we may not be able to provide the service.
We automatically collect information from cookies and other similar technologies (collectively referred to as (cookies’), such as which of our web pages you visit, your IP address, the name of your computer's operating system, the type of web browser you are using and email opens and clicks. For further information, please see section 4.
3. Why do we use your information?
The reason(s) we use your information (outlined in the below table) will vary depending on your relationship with us. We ensure that at least one of the following legal bases apply when we use your information:
• We need to process it to perform, or enter into, a contract with you
• We have your consent to use it
• We need to use it to comply with a legal obligation
• We need to use it for ours or a third party’s legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights are not overridden
To process special categories of personal information, we must have additional justification to do so and only use it where we have your explicit consent, you have made the information public, in relation to legal claims or it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest.
|Purpose for processing
|Lawful basis for processing
|Legitimate interest (where applicable)
|To complete and manage your booking and related requests (if you are booking a holiday)
|Record keeping and providing good customer service
To advertise your holiday accommodation, transfer payments due to you and to provide related support services (if you are letting your holiday accommodation through us)
|Record keeping and providing good customer service
For statistical purposes
|Evaluating our services
To personalise repeat visits to our websites
To carry out marketing activities – as well as sending our newsletter, we also use data about your bookings, search behaviour, settings on our website, favourites and your interactions with our newsletter to display relevant, personalised advertisements on websites and social media.
|Working out which of our services you may be interested in and telling you about them
To manage customer service queries and complaints
|Improving our service, and resolving issues
To keep records of your communications with us, including call recordings
|Improving our service, staff training and record keeping
To manage your entry into our sweepstakes and other promotional activities
To ask you to leave a review about the accommodation and/or services that have been provided
|Understanding the perception of our business and improving our services
To send service messages, such as updates to our terms and conditions
|Keeping our customers updated
|To enforce our booking conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential breach
|Protecting our business
|To detect or prevent crime, including fraud
Protecting our business and customers
Assisting law enforcement and government bodies
|To address security or technical issues
|Protecting our business and customers
|To protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, homeowners, customers, employees, contractors, a third party or the public
|Protecting our business, customers, third parties and the public
To test, develop and improve our services
|Improving our business
To establish, exercise or defend our legal right
|Protecting our business
We use the following categories of cookies:
• "Strictly necessary" cookies for the functionality of this website. These cookies are essential to enable users to move around this website and use its features.
• "Performance" cookies which collect information about how users navigate this website, for instance which pages users access most frequently. They identify how users interact with our website, find out which pages seem to hold people up, which pages are not used often, which pages take a long time to load, what pages users tend to visit and in what order. All of this helps us to refine and develop our website to try and make them more usable when a user visits us again in future.
• "Functionality" cookies which allow this website to remember choices you make. For example, this can be the last date you’ve searched for or the last holiday you’ve viewed.
• "Targeting or advertising" cookies used to deliver personalised advertisements. These cookies are also used to limit the number of times a user sees an advertisement, to monitor which advertising source directed a user to our website and to help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
For more general information about cookies and how to disable them through your browser, visit allaboutcookies.org. Contact us (see Section 9) if you have questions about the cookies used on this website.
We have retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes, in line with relevant industry standards or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner or anonymised so it can no longer be attributed to you.
6. Third parties
We may share your information with:
• owners of or agents for holiday accommodation (if you are making a holiday accommodation booking);
• individuals who may be renting accommodation from you (if you are a holiday accommodation owner);
• credit/debit card and payment service providers;
• third party service providers (e.g. IT and support services, marketing services, resorts, management companies);
• government agencies, regulators and other authorities
• third party booking partners
• customer review companies
• third parties that we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our assets or business to or with and businesses we acquire or merge with
• third parties you have authorised us to speak to
• professional advisors, including bankers, lawyers, auditors, accountants and insurers who provide us services
Third parties are required to process your personal information in line with data protection legislation. Where a third party is acting on our behalf, we do not allow them to use your information for their own purposes and we ensure they have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information.
7. Where is my data sent
We may send your information outside of the EU to help deliver our services. We will only transfer your information outside of the EU if one of the following safeguards is in place:
• an adequacy decision; or
• standard contractual clauses and where necessary, supplementary measures
If you would like further details of the applicable transfer mechanism, please get in touch (see our contact details in section 9).
8. Your rights with regard to your personal data
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
• request access to your personal information, including providing you with a copy of the personal data you are entitled to;
• request that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal data or add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
• request the erasure of your personal data, where we have no good reason to keep it;
• object to way we use your personal data, where we rely on legitimate interests or use it for direct marketing;
• request that we limit that way we use your personal data
• request we send you or a third party a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a commonly used format;
• withdraw your consent where rely on it to process your data
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch (see our contact details in section 9).
9. Contacting us
If you have any questions about our privacy notice or wish to exercise any of your rights, please write to us at:
or to the address
Partizanska 4/1 52440 Poreč, Croatia
You also have the right to raise concerns with a supervisory authority, which is the Personal Data Protection Agency (AZOP) in Croatia.